Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Creamy Bacon Chicken



5 slices bacon
8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (10 oz) jar Alfredo sauce
1 cup grated Havarti cheese

In heavy skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Saute mushrooms in bacon drippings. Place uncooked chicken in 9" X 9" baking dish; top with mushrooms. Pour Alfredo sauce over all. Crumble bacon and sprinkle over casserole. Sprinkle cheese over bacon. Bake at 350 for 18 to 25 minutes, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and cheese is melted. (Serves 4)

Note: I had never heard of Havarti cheese and could not find it at my grocery store. I googled it and found that it's a white creamy and rich cheese. A suggested substitute is Swiss cheese, but some said that's a much harder cheese. One website suggested Monterrey Jack and that's what I had in the fridge, so that's what I used, and it was delicious! Also, this recipe came from a freezer meal cookbook. So if you want the directions for freezing it ahead of time the directions are a little different, but let me know and I'll post it. It also has amounts for serving 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment